Software Engineer – Real-World Experience Development Programme (REDP)
- You will have the opportunity to develop software using proven tools and be trained on programming standards.
- You will pick up industry applicable skills during the development program including in-house training. This will also include training on leading software tools and 3rd party systems that are in demand in the market currently.
- Minimum of 3 months to maximum of 6 months program period. Candidates who do not meet our requirements will be dropped out from this program at our discretion. REDP Terms and conditions apply.
- You will be paid between RM2800 to RM3500 per month. If you have what we are looking for, you can potentially earn more upon completion of the program or during the program itself. Standard HR benefits will be part of the program package including claims and overtime allowances.
- You have less than one year working experience or are a fresh graduate (or will be available in the next 2 months).
- You are not sure if software development is a career you want to pursue yet you have the passion and drive for software programming.
- You are hungry to learn new programming skills and tools with relevant industry application that will allow you to develop your experience further.
- You have the desire to pick up industry relevant skills fast and have the knack for being different.
- You have previously developed software that is fully working and have the basic technical pre-requisites as listed below.
- You have a good attitude towards work and software programming. You have to be motivated, mature and responsible.
- Open to adopt new concepts, ideas and able to grasp new technology easily.
- Independent and shows initiative.
- Able to converse and write proficiently in English.
- You must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Computer Science / Information Technology, Engineering (Electrical / Electronic), Engineering (Computer / Telecommunication) or equivalent.
- You program with at least one of the many general-purpose programming languages out there, though Java is our preferred language. If you can demonstrate your knowledge in Android/iOS programming, or any web programming frameworks you will also be considered.
- Your grasp of programming fundamentals is reasonably strong from both theoretical and practical point of view.
- Web application development experience (can be academic) or have strong programming fundamentals. i.e. OO concepts, familiarity with the Java SDK, etc.
- We use: Struts, Grails, Groovy, ZK, Symfony, Maven, Ant, Camel, jQuery, Linux, GlassFish, JBoss, WAS, PMD, Redmine, Android, iOS, Mercurial, SVN, Oracle Database, MySQL, Sybase, JasperReports, Eclipse, NetBeans.
- You do not need to know everything, and you may not necessarily be exposed to everything as well.
The Application & Interview Process
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through Jobstreet. If you’re unable to do so, email your complete resume including current and expected salary to email@example.com.