- Design to code. You will translate design ideas into code while taking into consideration performance and fault tolerance of the product.
- R&D. Occasionally, you do research on your own or with your team lead. You are encouraged to explore and learn new technologies to address business requirements.
- Escalate and share. You will escalate problems to your supervisor if you foresee that you cannot solve them before the deadline. You will share your solution and experience with others so that we learn together.
- Test. We don’t consider your work done unless you demonstrate that it has been tested. You will learn various approaches to software testing to ensure our deliverables always meet certain levels of quality.
- Document. A good programmer needs to also be good at documenting the software. You are expected contribute to various types of technical documentation as part of any software development life cycle.
- Support. You provide code-level support for problems reported on our live systems running in our customer environments.
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Master’s Degree, Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication) or equivalent.
- At least 2 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably Senior/Executives specializing in IT/Computer – Software or equivalent.
- You are hungry and patient to learn programming skills and tools with relevant industry application that will allow you to develop your experience further.
- You have the desire to pick up industry relevant skills fast and have the knack for being different.
- You have previously developed software that is fully working and have the basic technical pre-requisites as listed below.
- You have a good attitude towards work and software programming. You have to be motivated, mature and responsible.
- Open to adopt new concepts, ideas and able to grasp new technology easily.
- Independent and shows initiative.
- Able to converse and write proficiently in English.
- 4 Full-Time position(s) available.
- You program with at least one of the many general-purpose programming languages out there, though Java is our preferred language. If you can demonstrate your knowledge in any web programming frameworks you will also be considered.
- Your grasp of programming fundamentals is reasonably strong from both theoretical and practical point of view.
- Web application development experience (can be academic) or have strong programming fundamentals. i.e. OO concepts, familiarity with the Java SDK, etc.
- We use: Struts, Grails, Groovy, ZK, Symfony, Maven, Ant, Camel, jQuery, Linux, GlassFish, JBoss, WAS, PMD, Redmine, Mercurial, SVN, Oracle Database, MySQL, Sybase, JasperReports, Eclipse, NetBeans.
- You do not need to know everything, and you may not necessarily be exposed to everything as well.
The Application & Interview Process
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through Jobstreet. If you’re unable to do so, email your complete resume including current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.